Genus is a global FTSE 250 company, headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange. With revenues of around £500 million, Genus has a presence in over 70 countries, with a global workforce of approximately 3,200 employees. One of the best performing stocks on the London Stock Exchange, the Company’s market capitalization is around £2 billion. It is a worldwide leader in porcine and bovine animal genetics, partnering with farmers to transform how we nourish the world – a mission that is important to a sustainable future.
Each generation of animals is selected based on a number of desired traits, including greater health, fertility, productivity or feed efficiency. With superior animal genetics, Genus helps its customers in the dairy, beef and porcine supply chains around the world produce offspring with improved robustness, superior production efficiency and greater sustainability. Genus’s vision of “pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world” is supported by its core values to be customer-centric, results-driven, pioneering, people-focused and responsible.
Genus is an agricultural biotechnology pioneer. At the core of its accelerated rates of genetic improvement is a proprietary technology platform. Genus focuses its research and development through four routes, all of which may be applied across species, but currently the Company’s focus remains on the bovine and porcine species:
advanced reproductive technologies (embryology and related technology).
The Process Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing late stage technology development, process design, and continuous improvement in a bio-manufacturing environment. Successful candidates will provide strong leadership, project prioritization, and technical guidance to a talented group of manufacturing and process engineers.
• Lead technology hand off between early stage design and production, developing processes, instrumentation, and fixturing as necessary to drive a smooth transition into production.
• Coordinate with teams such as technical services, production, training, and design engineering to develop a complete deployment package for new technologies and products.
• Collaborate closely with the design engineering team to ensure technology design aligns with customer needs and business requirements.
• Oversee the Global Relentless Improvement Program, identifying, prioritizing, and implementing initiatives that will lower cost, increase efficiency, and drive team engagement.
• Develop and execute testing plans to de-risk new technologies, products, and procedures prior to transition into production.
• Identify and execute opportunities for process automation.
• Engage and coordinate contract engineering support where necessary.
• Participate in escalated root cause analysis and troubleshooting efforts that require advanced support
• Develop and maintain a thorough, end to end process knowledge within the Process Engineering team.
ABS Role Profile Page 2
• Occasional business travel is required.
Qualifications and experience:
• 5-10 years of relevant experience in manufacturing, process engineering, or technical services required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an engineering field. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
• Strong ability to build, develop, and mentor teams of technically proficient and highly engaged personnel.
• Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment highly preferred.
• Ability to process customer challenges and requests, and participate in long term strategy development.
• Ability to develop and maintain a strong technical understanding of a bio-manufacturing process.
• Outstanding ability to partner closely with cross-functional colleagues.
Capabilities and behaviors:
• Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working.
• Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
• Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
• Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
• Actively participate in Company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department.
• Gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s business and the department’s role within the company.
Genus is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Genus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Genus conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.